ARC Review: Freed (Phoebe Meadows #2) by Amanda Carlson ~ Giveaway

September 20th 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 323
 ARC eCopy

Phoebe Meadows has one thing on her mind: Free her mother.

For the last month, Phoebe has been training in the Valkyrie stronghold readying for battle. But when she stumbles into a secluded valley after a day of grueling practice, she’s given a dire prediction. Phoebe must leave the stronghold immediately with the aid of the giant, Junnal, to rescue her mother from the dark elves. If Phoebe fails, Leela will be transported to a place that can no longer be reached.

Leaving Fen behind threatens to undo her, but Phoebe stays true to the mission. Along the way, she allies with the god Baldur and an old white elf mage. Together, they storm the realm, and with the help of an angry wolf and her Valkyrie sisters, they just might stand a chance to free the valiant shieldmaiden.

But Phoebe soon learns that in order to save her mother, she might lose something too precious to sacrifice…

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

MyReview03-angelsgp

Another action packed fast-paced adventure!

Freed takes place one month after the ending in Struck. Phoebe has accepted what she is and has been training hard for the day she will rescue her mother. Her powers are beyond what she ever imagined and they continue to grow.

The world builds around Norse Mythology. All the characters, wither good or evil are captivating and very strong minded. I like that they all gravitate towards Phoebe in someway. Phoebe is a kick ass heroine that shows her skills throughout the story. She is thrown into one situation after another, but she’s got some great companies to help her along the way. The side characters are a great group. She gets a whole new set of friends and companions to help her out as well as previous friends from Struck.

As for the romance their is very little in this one, but her relationship with Fen is solid and he is an amazing partner that accepts everything about her. He understands her completely and is satisfied to fight alongside Phoebe.

Freed grabbed me from the first page to the last. I couldn’t put this story down. It’s a quick and adventures story. The ending left me wanting the next book. I’m course to see where things will go and how they will work though their next challenge. The stakes are high and the games have begun.

Freed was another suspenseful adventure full of lose and love. I recommend this series to Urban Fantasy fans who enjoy mythology, strong heroines, and characters that you can connect too.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary ARC copy provided by Amanda Carlson with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads & Amazon (Angela)!

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Urban Fantasy/Paranormal) (2016)

** Check out my review for Struck – Here

Giveaway-Banner00-angelsgp

Amanda Carlson has graciously offered up a digital copy (mobi or epub) of STRUCK to one lucky winner.

Click HERE to enter the giveaway!