Review: On the Edge (The Edge #1) by Ilona Andrews

September 29th 2009
 eBook/Paperback
 309
 Library/Bought

Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, between the world of the Broken (where people drive cars, shop at Wal-Mart, and magic is a fairy tale) and the Weird (where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny). Only Edgers like Rose can easily travel from one world to the next, but they never truly belong in either.

Rose thought if she practiced her magic, she could build a better life for herself. But things didn’t turn out how she planned, and now she works a minimum wage, off the books job in the Broken just to survive. Then Declan Camarine, a blueblood noble straight out of the deepest part of the Weird, comes into her life, determined to have her (and her power).

But when a terrible danger invades the Edge from the Weird, a flood of creatures hungry for magic, Declan and Rose must work together to destroy them—or they’ll devour the Edge and everyone in it.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

I am always awed and captivated when I pick up an Andrews book. On the Edge was a re-read for me and I relished this mind-blowing and shocking story all over again.

The beginning was a bit hard again to get into, but the Andrews team are detailed in exploring and explaining the world and different aspects of it. The characters where just as captivating as they where the first time I read this novel. I enjoyed the banter, challenges, and determination both have. The romance was a nice steady build.

I liked the threat to the Edge people and the introduction of William, who does get his own book. Ya! I also loved the children. They are adorable and unique.

Their is never a dull moment. Amazing characters and outstanding world building. I am always blown away and pulled into a unbelievable adventure. Each book feels like the first time reading it, even if I have already read it.

Rated: 4 Edge Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Urban Fantasy) (Paranormal) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+