ARC Review: Awakening Kiss (Watcher’s Kiss, #4) by Sharon Kay

September 13th 2016
 eBook
 321
 ARC eCopy

As part of the Watchers, Rhys is used to all types of combat, pursuit, and interrogation. But hacking and tracking through hidden online channels is where he excels. Shattering codes and sneaking around firewalls comes as easily to him as a swordfight or street brawl with a predatory enemy.

Cooking up sweet new pastry creations is Enza’s dream job. Kitchen appliances never fail her, unlike every computer she’s ever touched. Her fledging baking business is doing well, yet as streetlights flicker with her changing mood, she can’t shake the feeling that she’s different from everyone else. But life as a regular Chicago girl is all she’s ever known…until one hot summer night.

Violence threatens both of them when her world collides with Rhys’s in a dark city alley. As a raw and formidable ability awakens in her mind, she becomes targeted by the last person she expects. Drawn to his sweet baker with a pull he can’t deny, Rhys vows to protect her—no matter the consequences that will change their lives forever.

Goodreads

Amazon

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

I relish returning to the Watcher world. The verity of demons and the warrior Watcher’s are all delicious. Their was a lot to savor in Awakening Kiss.

The author dose a wonderful job explaining how the world, mates work, and all the different creatures, so if you have never picked up a Watcher’s Kiss book before you could grab this one and go. It reads well as a stand-a-lone!

I liked how the story started. Our heroin has no clue as to her heritage (who she is) and stumbles into a supernatural conflict. I have to say she took things rather well. It almost felt like she took things to well, but it was nice not to have to deal with an upset or over reaction from the heroin. Our hero, Lash demon, and Watcher is yummy. What can I say. Rhys is a scrumptious demon.

Rhys and Enza are drawn towards each other after that first run in. He wants to learn more about her and she feels a connection to him. When they end up having their first kiss… HOLY MOLY it’s EXPLOSIVE! As for the romance, it was nice and they make an adorable couple. I’m not sure I can buy into her trusting him so much after only one day. Trust takes time.

I had a delectable time and look forward to more in the Watcher’s Kiss series.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Author Sharon Kay with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge: Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/09/early-arc-review-awakening-kiss-watchers-kiss-4-by-sharon-kay