Review: Kill Without Mercy (ARES Security #1) by Alexandra Ivy

December 29th 2015
 eBook
 340
 Library

From the hellhole of a Taliban prison to sweet freedom, five brave military heroes have made it home—and they’re ready to take on the civilian missions no one else can. Individually they’re intimidating. Together they’re invincible. They’re the men of ARES Security.

Rafe Vargas is only in Newton, Iowa, to clear out his late grandfather’s small house. As the covert ops specialist for ARES Security, he's eager to get back to his new life in Texas. But when he crosses paths with Annie White, a haunted beauty with skeletons in her closet, he can't just walk away—not when she’s clearly in danger…

There’s a mysterious serial killer on the loose with a link to Annie’s dark past. And the closer he gets, the deeper Rafe’s instinct to protect kicks in. But even with his considerable skill, Annie’s courage, and his ARES buddies behind him, the slaying won’t stop. Now it’s only a matter of time before Annie’s next—unless they can unravel a history of deadly lies that won’t be buried.

MyReview03-angelsgp

Kill Without Mercy is book one in the ARES Security series by Alexandra Ivy. This was a good start. I had a nice time reading Kill Without Mercy. We get a few surprises, action, a mystery, & romance.

Their is a whole lot of yumminess. We got to meet the five men that make up the ARES team. I liked that we got to meet them and learn a little about each. They all sounded interesting and I can’t wait to read their stories.

Rafe and Annie where a good mix for a couple. Rafe steps in to save the day and the girl along with the help of his friends who immediately lead their support and protection. Annie was easy to like.

The story was enjoyable and fun. It has plenty of action, mystery, suspense, and drama which was captivating. The romance was a little quick, but it was still a delightful story. I look forward to more in this series.

Rated: 3 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Contemporary) | New To You (Series) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/08/review-kill-without-mercy-ares-security-1-by-alexandra-ivy