ARC Review: Hell or High Water (Gemini #3) by Hailey Edwards

eBook
 232
 NetGalley

Gemini, Book 3

Camille Ellis has gone rogue agent, and there’s no turning back now. The conclave might have put the Charybdis case to bed, but Cam isn’t willing to let it lie. No badge doesn’t mean no backup these days.

As mate to an alpha warg, she has access to new and lethal resources. A whole pack full of them. And they all want justice for the sins committed against them.

But the stakes are higher than she knows, the secrets exposed darker than she feared, and the cost of winning higher than she ever imagined.

MyReview03-angelsgp

Hell or High Water is the third and finally book in the Gemini series, but it is not the last of the black dog world and characters.

The black dog world is awesome, entertaining, and has so much to fall in love with. I have been enjoying all the books created in this world by Ms. Edwards. I was first intraduced to the world in the Black Dog series. I don’t feel it’s necessary to read the Black Dog series; before the Gemini series, but you may be more informed if you do. The Gemini series does need to be read in order, since our plot continues from one book to another.

WOW! Cam’s journey as a self-punishing Conclave agent, exiled family member, to a rogue agent and warg mate includes several trials and hardships along the way. She really opens up her heart, makes new friends, and faces her fears in this installment. Cord, what a man. He’s an alpha warg, has a new pack to run, and a women to show that he will never leave her. He knows how to give Cam space and be protective, yet not overly; which could be harmful to her characters growth. He doesn’t smoother who Cam is or will be. Both Cam and Cord have a great balance with each other. Their strengths and vulnerabilities balance out nicely.

Fans will enjoy seeing Theirry pop in to help and the little backstory on her. We are also treated to surprises that leave you breathless. The ending wrapped up Cam’s story nicely, but also set us up for another character to get it’s own series. I’m psyched about the new series and can’t wait to read it.

Their is a lot to enjoy in this urban fantasy series.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by CrushStar Multimedia LLC via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Paranormal/Urban Fantasy) (2016)

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/08/arc-review-hell-or-high-water-gemini-3-by-hailey-edwards