Release Day ARC Review: A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #1) by Amanda Bouchet

A Promise of Fire - Amanda Bouchet

August 2nd 2016
 eBook
 448
 NetGalley ARC

Catalia "Cat" Fisa is a powerful clairvoyant known as the Kingmaker. This smart-mouthed soothsayer has no interest in her powers and would much rather fly under the radar, far from the clutches of her homicidal mother. But when an ambitious warlord captures her, she may not have a choice…

Griffin is intent on bringing peace to his newly conquered realm in the magic-deprived south. When he discovers Cat is the Kingmaker, he abducts her. But Cat will do everything in her power to avoid her dangerous destiny and battle her captor at every turn. Although up for the battle, Griffin would prefer for Cat to help his people willingly, and he's ready to do whatever it takes to coax her…even if that means falling in love with her.

MyReview03-angelsgp

PHENOMENAL new book from a debt author!

A Promise of Fire is book one in the Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet.

The cover pulled me in and I’m so glad I tried out this book. This was my very first fantasy romance read. I don’t understand why it took me so long to pick up this genre, but I am so glad that my first book in this genre was OUTSTANDING!

Amanda Bouchet did a SENSATIONAL job! I was so engrossed, that I lost track of time and when I needed to stop I didn’t want to. A Promise of Fire is loaded full of action, adventure, prophecy, and so much more. We get battles to fight and creatures from myths and legends to slay. Plus our characters have secrets that involve Gods and more.

The story is original and the author weaves a complex world with unique characters and a thick plot full of action. The beginning felt a bit slow, but once you get past the first chapter things pick up and move along fast.

Catalia was an interesting character. Her past is not pleasant, so she has learned to not let anyone get close and to keep her secrets to herself. But she will learn to open up and start healing. The Warlord Beta Sinta aka Griffin was a very sexy character and I love that he never gives up on Cat. These two still have a long way to go, but things are starting to change. I throughly enjoyed the verbal sparing Cat and Griffin do and how their relationship is developing. All the characters introduced in A Promise of Fire are pretty interesting and likable.

This story ended way too soon and left me wanting more. It captivated me and I can’t wait to dive deeper into the Kingmaker Chronicles series. I’m waiting on pins and needles for the next installment.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary ARC copy provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge: New To You (Author/Series)(2016)

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/08/release-day-arc-review-a-promise-of-fire-kingmaker-chronicles-1-by-amanda-bouchet