Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop ~ Aug. 1st – 14th

Beach-Reads-in-August-Hop-2016

Welcome to the Beach Reads In August Giveaway Hop hosted by Stuck In Books!

This hop is all about books you love to read at the beach or feel are the best beach reads! There’s a giveaway at each stop, so visit them all and see what reads everyone picks for the beach. Who knows you might discover something new!

My picks for the Beach
(You can check out “review or buy link” by clicking the picture on the book)

Dragon on Top
 Dragon Kin 0.4
 G.A. Aiken
 Paranormal Romance – Dragons
 Zebra
 October 27th 2015
 176

Try a little dragon tenderness.

I am Glheanna the Decimator. I am a warrior. A soldier. I know no fear. No pain. No mercy. I do, however, know acute embarrassment! How could I not after getting dumped by a bastard dragon in front of my own troops? So I tuck tail and return to my cave, drowning my sorrows in ale—as is my family’s way. But instead of leaving me to my misery, I’ve been summoned to the Dragon Queen’s court.

As if my life wasn’t pathetic enough, Her Majesty now has me escorting the highborn Bram the Merciful through dangerous territories—not exactly the best use of my military training. And just so he can negotiate with enemy dragons instead of battling them? Honestly, what has my world come to? Then again…Bram is quite easy on the eyes. And the perfect distraction for what ails me. Perhaps I’m looking at all this the wrong way. Maybe there is a place for a little “mercy” in my life…

A Promise of Fire
 Kingmaker Chronicles #1
 Amanda Bouchet
 Fantasy Romance
 Sourcebooks Casablanca
 August 2nd 2016
 448

Catalia “Cat” Fisa is a powerful clairvoyant known as the Kingmaker. This smart-mouthed soothsayer has no interest in her powers and would much rather fly under the radar, far from the clutches of her homicidal mother. But when an ambitious warlord captures her, she may not have a choice…

Griffin is intent on bringing peace to his newly conquered realm in the magic-deprived south. When he discovers Cat is the Kingmaker, he abducts her. But Cat will do everything in her power to avoid her dangerous destiny and battle her captor at every turn. Although up for the battle, Griffin would prefer for Cat to help his people willingly, and he’s ready to do whatever it takes to coax her…even if that means falling in love with her.

Dog with a Bone

Title: Dog with a Bone
Series: Black Dog #1
Genres: Urban Fantasy – Magic – Fae
Release Date: October 31st 2014
Publisher: CreateSpace
Author: Hailey Edwards
Pages: 140 pages

Half-bloods with Thierry’s skill set are given two options. They can join the conclave’s marshal program, or they can pack their bags. Turn down the job offer, and you’ve just shredded your residency pass for the mortal realm and booked yourself a one-way ticket to Faerie.

Texas is the only home Thierry has ever known, and she’s not going anywhere. Even if it means following in her notorious father’s footsteps as a peacekeeper. But pinning on the badge opens her eyes to the fact sometimes fae need protection too, and that sometimes humans are the real monsters.

Magic BitesTitle: Magic Bites
Series: Kate Daniels #1
Genre: Urban Fantasy – Parnormal
Published: April 1st 2007
Author: Ilona Andrews
Publisher: Ace
Pages: 278 pages

New York Times bestselling author Ilona Andrews invites you to experience the first novel in the “intriguing world” (Locus) of Kate Daniels with this special edition of Magic Bites…

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up magical problems. But when Kate’s guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta’s magic circles. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she’s way out of her league—but she wouldn’t want it any other way…

This special edition includes in-depth information about the world of Kate Daniels, with descriptions of its characters and factions. Explore Kate’s Atlanta like never before with answers to FAQ and a quiz to find your place there. And don’t miss the prequel story “A Questionable Client,” as well as scenes of events in Magic Bites from Curran’s point of view.

Giveaway-Banner00-angelsgp