ARC Review: Tempting the Dragon by Karen Whiddon

eBook
 236
 NetGalley

WHAT LIES BENEATH

Investigative reporter Rance Sleighter had promised to prove the mythical Lake Creature existed. But its protector had already given him a heap of trouble, as well as inspired one too many hot fantasies. If Rance was going to get some answers, he'd have to get on the gorgeous Jade Burnett's good side…and keep her away from his bed!

For generations, Jade's shape-shifting pack had kept the Creature safe. Now Rance's appearance had her rethinking all her vows. She'd seen him in her dreams, knew he was a shifter and that they possibly shared a life-changing bond. Yet could she find the courage to trust the dragon with the truth…and her own fragile heart?

MyReview03-angelsgp

I love dragon shifters, so when I spot a book with dragons on the cover, mentioned, and/or featured in some way I will always check the book out.

Tempting the Dragon was my first Karen Whiddon novel. It’s also a stand-a-lone and not part of a series.

This novel was not what I had expected, which is good, I was surprisingly surprised at the world and supernatural characters presented to the reader. The characters where enjoyable and the world set up was captivating. The story had some fascinating and engaging parts that kept me entertained. The secondary characters in this novel where entertaining and great to read about too. I would love to see more of the secondary characters, because there seem to be some possibilities there for future stories.

Rance is looking for a mystical lake creature, when he meets Jade. Rance is sweet in how he cares so much for his step-daughter, but you can tell that he’s a man running from his demons and not looking to put them away and settle down. Jade, was a mystery until things started to come out about her and her family. The romance between Rance and Jade was slow in building, but the chemistry was scorching between them.

The only thing that bothered me a little was that somethings seem to wrap up a little too easily.

I had a delightful time reading Tempting the Dragon. I would recommend this novel to paranormal romance lovers who like a little mystery with their romance and a verity of supernaturals.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary ARC copy provided by Harlequin via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To You ( Author) | Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) (2016)

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/07/arc-review-tempting-the-dragon-by-karen-whiddon