Review: The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny #1) by Jeaniene Frost (DNF)

The Beautiful Ashes - Jeaniene Frost

September 29th 2015
 Paperback
 368
 Won

Sometimes, falling in love really is the end of the world…

Ivy has always seen things that she cannot explain. Strange things. Otherworldly things. But when her sister goes missing, Ivy discovers the truth is far worse—her hallucinations are real, and her sister is imprisoned in a realm beyond Ivy’s reach. The one person who can help her is the dangerously attractive rebel who’s bound by an ancient legacy to betray her.

The fate Adrian has fought to escape is here – but he never expected the burning need he feels for Ivy. With destiny on one side and desire on the other, Adrian must help Ivy search for the powerful relic that can save her sister. Yet he knows what Ivy doesn’t: the truth about her own destiny, and a war that could destroy the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side, Adrian on the other, and nothing but ashes in between…

MyReview03-angelsgp

DNF The Beautiful Ashes at 57%.

The Beautiful Ashes is book one in the Broken Destiny series by Jeaniene Frost. It’s a Paranormal New Adult book. I’m a fan of (The Night Huntress Series and World). Those characters are funny, engaging, and memorable. Even if you hate them, you still love to hate them, and they also come alive in the writing. That being said this is not like that series.

Ivy and Adrain are not memorable, really non of the characters are in this book. They don’t come alive and they aren’t even all that likable. I couldn’t stand the back and forth, back and forth, blah blah that Ivy and Adrain did. I was over it the first time it began. I couldn’t decide if they where teenagers or young adults in their 20’s. I also couldn’t stand all the time Ivy spends on thinking how attractive Adrain is. It got annoying. The would and plot where semi-interesting, but the characters got in the way. As for the cover, it shows a couple on the front that are much older then the two leads in this book. It’s kinda deceiving.

I just couldn’t finish The Beautiful Ashes. I kept putting this book down and picking something else up to read, then coming back, and then repeating putting it down, coming back. I finally said that’s it.

The Beautiful Ashes was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

*Disclaimer: I won a copy through goodreads via Jeaniene Frost with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) | New To You (Series) (2016)

Owner/review and mind behind Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. I’m a mother, wife, animal and book lover. However what I am not is a writer. I apologize now for the grammatical and punctuation errors I make, because I know I’m going to make them. I love all things paranormal, especially dragons!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/06/review-the-beautiful-ashes-broken-destiny-1-by-jeaniene-frost-dnf