Interview: Susan Stoker {Shelter for Elizabeth Tour} ~ Giveaway

Interview-SusanStoker-ShelterforElizabethTourBanner-angelsgp

Hello and Welcome All!

Today Susan Stoker author of Shelter for Elizabeth has stopped by to answer a few questions. Hello Susan, thank you for stopping by Angel’s Guilty Pleasures.

Are experiences in your books based on someone you know, or events in your life?

Sometimes. I might hear a story one of my friends tells me, and think to myself…that would make a great story! (i.e. in Rescuing Emily, coming out this summer, the entire premise of the single mother was based on my friend Amy and a story she once told me). Other times there might be something here and there that is based on someone I know, or myself. Could be a name, could be a movie the main characters are watching, or even something that happened to them in the past. And still other times it’s all made up.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

When readers contact me, or meet me, the one thing I hear over and over is “Thank you for writing a heroine I can relate to.” I write women who are vulnerable in some way. Maybe they’re overweight, maybe they have a disability, maybe they feel invisible…but the thing is…we ALL feel that way. Even me. So while the story might be fiction, the feelings and emotions the heroines feel aren’t. And I think my readers see and get that. So I want to say…thank you. Thank you for “getting it” and loving my “normal” heroines.

AboutTheBook-Banner-angelsgp

Shelter for Elizabeth
Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, Book 5
May 17, 2016

Shelter for ElizabethElizabeth Parkins lived through a nightmare come true—getting kidnapped by a serial killer. Seeking a fresh start, she moves to Texas, but escaping her demons proves impossible when she’s too terrified to leave her own apartment. A small, accidental fire sparks a coping method she’d never expected, and brings an amazing man to her door.

Firefighter Cade “Sledge” Turner’s idyllic life ended the day his sister was kidnapped. Now he knows firsthand that tragedy can befall anyone, at any time. Meeting Elizabeth on the job was a gift. Cade can envision spending his life with this woman. He understands what she’s been through, is willing to help her heal…though even Cade is unaware of Beth’s new secret obsession.

As Beth takes steps to help herself heal, and Cade attempts to earn her trust and prove his own, they’re both about to be tested—in a way that could see everything they’ve worked for go up in flames.

* Shelter for Elizabeth is the 5th book in the Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes series. Each book is a stand-alone, with no cliffhanger endings.

add-to-goodreads-button314

Buy Link:

Amazon – B&N – Kobo – iTunes

MeetTheAuthor-Banner-angelsgp

Susan StokerNew York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Texas where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, and Indiana. She’s married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.

She debuted her first series in 2014 and quickly followed that up with the SEAL of Protection Series, which solidified her love of writing and creating stories readers can get lost in.

SocialMedia-Banner-angelsgp
Website – Newsletter – Twitter – Facebook – Goodreads – Amazon Page

Giveaway-Banner-angelsgp

Blog Giveaway

Angel’s Guilty Pleasures is giving away to one of it’s followers an eCopy from B&N or Amazon of Shelter for Elizabeth. (Open INT)

(Note: The author and tour host are not responsible for this giveaway)

CLICK HERE

Brought to you by:

RockStarLit PR

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/05/interview-susan-stoker-shelter-for-elizabeth-tour