Reading progress update: I've read 100%.

Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 9) - Felicity E. Heaton

I have been waiting since book one for Bleu's book. This male captured my heart and I wanted his story badly. To say I was a bit let down is an understatement. I was disgruntled with the latest Enteral Mates installment... I can't help it that I have high expectations for this author and I am not willing to give them up. I know she can write. She's amazing, but this time around she failed for me as a reader.

I was boarded. I got tired of the same things being running over and over through their minds, but in different ways. I started to skim pages. It just dragged on and on and I kept think when is it ever going to end. The pass was slow throughout and never picked up except in one part, but then died again. These two, the hero and heroine, spend a lot of time figuring out their emotions and also having deep realizations about their life, the past and future. With all of this it dragged for me. I missed the fast-pace action-packed adventure that I have come to love and enjoy in these books along with the bone deep love, romance, and true mate feelings that develop over the corse of the books.

I also had a problem with our heroine. I understand her wanting to stop her brother, but she should know that her brother is going to find the sword and that it's not a great idea to hid it, instead of keeping it close to her. Also at the end she hesitates to do what must be done until something major happens to give her the balls to finally do what needs doing. Last she drops the all powerful sword on the ground where anyone can pick it up and disappear with it. To say the least it was frustrating reading this. Ahhh!

I LOVE FHeaton, but sadly this book did not work for me. Full review to come.