ARC Review: My Tempting Highlander (Highland Hearts #3) by Maeve Greyson

February 23rd 2016
 eBook
 294
 NetGalley

From the author of My Highland Bride—hailed by Sandy Blair as “an entertaining time-travel story packed with spice, humor, fantasy, and nonstop adventure”—comes a sensual novel featuring a wolf-shifting chieftain who travels centuries to modern-day Scotland to tame his one and only.

Cursed to live forever with neither wife nor child, Ronan Sutherland has watched all he cherishes turn to dust—more than once. For hundreds of years, he's been trapped behind the mists of Loch Ness, hoping to identify the one woman who is prophesied to break the spell. Now, at last, the fates have aligned, and he's being sent into the future to fetch her. After a single glimpse, Ronan knows he's been waiting all his life for this passionate woman.

Unlike her time-traveling sisters, Mairi Sinclair is perfectly content to remain in the present. As a hospital nurse in Edinburgh, she cherishes the opportunity to put her gift of healing powers to good use. But everything changes the morning a mysterious wolf darts in front of her car. Touching the wounded creature's tawny coat, a tingle surges through her. Yet when she returns with aid, Mairi is shocked to find instead a man with broad shoulders and fire in his eyes—a man who tempts her to unleash the animal within.

MyReview02-angelsgp

~ 3 Tempting Highlander Stars ~

My Tempting Highlander is book three in the Highland Hearts series by Maeve Greyson. We are treated to a curse, shifters, witches, time travel, heartache, love and meddling family members!

I had a little trouble at times reading My Tempting Highlander. Historical Romances are not my normal genre nor are Time Travel, add in that this was the thrid book in the series and that I had not read any of the previous books. I ended up on an up-and-down ride of trying to piece things together and understand the world created.

The world was appealing enough. The more I read the more I got curious about the first two sisters and their stories. Also by the end I was left a little curious about the fourth and final sisters too.

I do have to point out that I was a little confused at the very beginning, when they talk about Mairi Sinclair being the one. I started to think, at that point, that I might have missed some important events revealed in a previous book.

As for our leads they where mediocre. Not overly inviting as characters and nothing really amazing or memorable stood out about them. Mairi was raised in the future even though she is from the past, so she is a sassy modern day women. Ronan is a highland warrior cursed. He needs to find the one who can break the curse and send the evil back into the pits of hell. I got frustrated with our hero and heroine, Ronan and Mairi, for different things. Ronan tells half truths instead of trusting Mairi. Mairi did a lot of whining, which got on my nerves.

As for the big bad. It wasn’t all that bad. I felt the main focus to this story was our hero omitting the things he should’ve told his women.

Can you read this book with out reading the others? Yes, but you might get more enjoyment if you read in order.

My Tempting Highlander was a nice quirky fun historical time travel romance. If you enjoy historical romances with a family of meddling time traveling witches and sexy highland warriors, then you might enjoy reading My Tempting Highlander.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads & Amazon (Angela)!

Challenge: New To You (2016)
Challenge: Pick Your Genre – Paranormal (2016)

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/03/arc-review-my-tempting-highlander-highland-hearts-3-by-maeve-greyson