Review: Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews

November 13th 2015
 Paperback/eBook
 310
 Bought

Dina DeMille doesn’t run your typical Bed and Breakfast. Her inn defies laws of physics, her fluffy dog is secretly a monster, and the only paying guest is a former Galactic tyrant with a price on her head. But the inn needs guests to thrive, and guests have been scarce, so when an Arbitrator shows up at Dina's door and asks her to host a peace summit between three warring species, she jumps on the chance.

Unfortunately, for Dina, keeping the peace between Space Vampires, the Hope-Crushing Horde, and the devious Merchants of Baha-char is much easier said than done. On top of keeping her guests from murdering each other, she must find a chef, remodel the inn...and risk everything, even her life, to save the man she might fall in love with. But then it's all in the day's work for an Innkeeper…

MyReview02-angelsgp

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

I re-read Clean Sweep before picking up Sweep in Peace. I wanted to enjoy the beginning again and be up to date. It’s not necessary, but I loved it all over and it helped to refresh my memory of the events that took place.

I also made sure to not read any reviews before going in. I wanted everything to be a surprise and it was.

WOW! AMAZING! EMOTIONAL!

OMG Sweep In Peace had me glued to the pages. I love how much detail the authors put into their characters and world. It makes everything that much more real. This one was darker not because of violence, but because of the emotional upheavals that take place for the characters involved.

The Andrews team takes us on a heart wrenching journey of manipulation, deceit, and emotions. This is not a walk in the park. War has permanent consequences for the living and as a reader you can’t escape this knowledge.

Fans of The Edge series (previous work of the Andrews team) may or may not recognize some characters that show up. I will tell you, I did not recognize them until I read another reviews review and then I was like “Oh My”, it’s not the happy story I was hoping for for those characters, but wow.

The Andrews team is one author that’s a MUST READ!! This latest installment in the Innkeepers Chronicles is awesome, terrible, and will make you cry..

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/01/review-sweep-in-peace-innkeeper-chronicles-2-by-ilona-andrews