Early ARC Review: Of Flame and Promise (Weird Girls #6) by Cecy Robson

January 12th 2016
 eBook
 180
 NetGalley

Cursed by a spell meant to destroy them, Taran Wird and her sisters instead developed unique magical talents. With the power of fire and lightning literally at her fingertips, Taran doesn’t fear much. Demons, vamps, whatever—bring ’em on! Only one thing terrifies her: commitment.

Taran is crazy about her boyfriend, Gemini, a sexy were with the incredible ability to split into two separate wolves. But after watching her sister go through heartbreak with the pack’s Alpha, Taran knows not to count on happily ever after—despite Gemini’s desire to claim her as his mate. Reluctantly, she agrees to meet his very traditional and conservative parents. Taran’s a badass with a mouth to match, and Gemini loves her for it. She’s just not positive these attributes will please Mom and Dad.

Unsurprisingly, every attempt by Taran to bond with Gemini’s folks proves disastrous. But in the end, Taran finds that winning them over means unleashing her powers . . . and proving that this foul-mouthed fire-starter is a force to be reckoned with.

MyReview02-angelsgp

~ 4 Of Flame and Promise Stars ~

Of Flame and Promise is an excellent spin off in the Weird Girls series featuring Taran. It is listed as book six, but It’s more a novella and could be read before or during book five in this series.

Just like all the other books in this series you may want to have a box of tissues at hand; because we are taken on an emotional journey into the mind of Taran.

Taran is feisty, foul mouthed, bad tempered, and a kick-ass chick. She is also loving, kind, and completely devoted to those she loves. We learn a lot about Taran, but still somethings are left a mystery to use. Her inner struggles and fears broke my heart, but also helped clarify some of her actions in the other books.

In this novella she meets Gemini’s parents to help ease the tension building between them. Will things go as planned or will it be a disaster? Will she ever be able to let Gemini completely into her heart or will she forever be alone?

Of Flame and Promise was a splendid read. It gives us an entertaining plot, danger, action, romance, snark, and a couple I have been waiting to read more about. If you are a fan of the Weird Girls series, you don’t want to miss out on picking up this novella.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Random House Publishing Group via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/01/early-arc-review-of-flame-and-promise-weird-girls-6-by-cecy-robson