Review: In the Roar (Paranormal Dating Agency #9) by Milly Taiden

eBook
 107
 Bought

BBW Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance

Alivia Vela is a big girl tired of dating. She’s at the point she’s going to find a frozen pop and get artificially inseminated. Or she would, until big, growly and oh, so sexy Karel shows up, saves the day and gives her a night she won't soon forget. That, mouth…that tongue. Oh my.

Karel Yaghar needs a mate faster than he can growl the word MINE. He didn't expect to meet the perfect woman for him and his jaguar only moments after arriving on earth. Now all Karel needs is for her to come with him to another planet. That should go over well. If she doesn't decide he's crazy instead, which is highly likely.

Liv is a true born hard-head, she’s gonna need more than pink sand to prove she’s on another planet. Where are the flying saucers? Then there’s the issue of convincing herself she’s not falling for the big kitty. If only her ovaries weren’t in agreement with her brain that Karel should be her future baby daddy, she might find the will to stay away from his sexiness. While she tries to figure that out, she and Karel will have to work together to take down an unexpected threat.

Reader Note: So you love some sizzling, off the charts hot sex, dirty talking, humor, violence and verbal smack downs, you say? Then you've come to the right place. This book is all about a sassy plus-sized gal and a shifter alien who rocks her world. There's crazy people, ass kicking and sex so hot you're going to need batteries. Yeah, you know what I mean. If this is not the kind of stuff you like to read, skip this book. However, if you like sarcasm and hot sex with no filter, this is just your thing. Enjoy!

MyReview02-angelsgp

~ 4.5 In the Roar Stars ~

Note: All the books in this series are quick reads with very little plot and an insta-match. They are great if your looking for a little steam and some sexy shifters for an afternoon break.

This PDA series has become one of my favorites that I look forward too. I need something every now and then that does not have a deep plot, that I can just sit back enjoy the short and sweet times.

Karel and Alivia where great together. I really enjoyed that Karel did not pressure Alivia, giving her the time she needed to let her head catch up with her heart. I also love that we got to return to alien plant that the shifters live on. This one was a little different then the previous PDA books in that Karel did not do anything stupid to get his women upset with him. We also got a little action, trickery, and mystery with our plot in that a bad guy is trying to hurt a previous couple. Gerri is still as fun as every with her matchmaking skills and I can’t forget the hot and steamy sex… oh boy!

The only thing that I am getting a little tired of is the BBW angle. Yes, I know this is a BBW series. It just seems that the author is putting to much emphasis on how the heroine’s look and how they are mistreated over the years because of it. I don’t mind reading stories with heroine’s like this, but the emphasis is getting to over powering and I’m starting to not like how much her body image is talked about. I do love the possessiveness of the hero’s and how they love their full-figured woman.

In the Roar was a fun read from beginning to end. I feel in love from the first to the last page and can’t wait for the next installment to hit the bookstores.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Amazon & Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/12/review-in-the-roar-paranormal-dating-agency-9-by-milly-taiden