Release Day ARC Review: Feel the Burn (Dragon Kin #8) by G.A. Aiken

November 24th 2015
 Paperback/eBook
 448
 NetGalley

War makes strange bedfellows.

I, Gaius Domitus, one-eyed rebel dragon king of the Provinces, know that better than most, since I have to fight off half my ungrateful family on a regular basis to keep law and order here in my lands. But I never expected to have to consort with a barbarian human woman.

Kachka is beautiful, if you like them fierce—and of course I do. But she keeps complaining about how spoiled and decadent I am, and how a feared Daughter of the Steppes has no time for foolish dragons. I think she likes my eye patch, though. It is quite dashing. With death always at our tails, we take our passion like we take our allies. As they say, love the barbarian you’re with…

MyReview02-angelsgp

~ 5 Feel the Burn Stars ~

Feel the Burn is book eight in the Dragon Kin series by G.A. Aiken.

This was absolutely a fabulous read! I was riveted from begging to end and Aiken had me laughing out loud throughout. It took me back to what I love in this series all those arrogant dragons, snarky dialogue, and the family dynamics. Annwyl, Fearghus, and Briec along with all the rest of the family kept me laughing and engaged. I was happy to revisit my favorite old characters again.

Feel the Burn brings us loads of action, plotting and so much more. I was suppressed by some of the twists, turns and reveilles. I liked how Aiken starts us off by giving us a better looking into our leads, Kachka and Gaius. We are also given a few pivotal moments between Annwyl and her daughter Talwyn that defines a big change.

As for the relationship between Kachka and Gaius, it worked. The romance was not big with the author focusing more on the direction of the plot. I was more into the plot and dialogue then in the actual romance, but these two where good together and an unlike pairing.

My only issue is with the Daughter of the Steppes who have very little expectations towards men. I didn’t like the Daughter of the Steppes in Light My Fire and I still don’t like them much, but for some reason they didn’t bother me as much in Feel the Burn. It might have to do with all the humor. It distracted me from my pet peeve’s with them and their culture.

Feel the Burn brings us closer towards war as tensions brew and we get closer to all hell breaking loose. I look forward to seeing what Aiken has in store for us next.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.