Early ARC Review: Dragon on Top (Dragon Kin 0.4) by G.A. Aiken

October 27th 2015
 eBook
 176
 NetGalley

Try a little dragon tenderness.

I am Glheanna the Decimator. I am a warrior. A soldier. I know no fear. No pain. No mercy. I do, however, know acute embarrassment! How could I not after getting dumped by a bastard dragon in front of my own troops? So I tuck tail and return to my cave, drowning my sorrows in ale—as is my family’s way. But instead of leaving me to my misery, I’ve been summoned to the Dragon Queen’s court.

As if my life wasn’t pathetic enough, Her Majesty now has me escorting the highborn Bram the Merciful through dangerous territories—not exactly the best use of my military training. And just so he can negotiate with enemy dragons instead of battling them? Honestly, what has my world come to? Then again…Bram is quite easy on the eyes. And the perfect distraction for what ails me. Perhaps I’m looking at all this the wrong way. Maybe there is a place for a little “mercy” in my life…

MyReview02-angelsgp

~ 4 Dragon On Top Stars ~

✮ First published and read in the Supernatural anthology. ✮

I am glad the author has published Dragon On Top separately. It’s everything I love about the Dragon Kin series. The story is hilarious, the characters are as snarky as every and the dragons are oh so arrogant. This is one series I love to read over and over. I enjoy the world and characters G.A. Aiken has created. It’s not your typical friendly dragons story/world. It’s unique and different.

Dragon On Top is the best dragon, unrequited love, slash friends to lovers story I have read.

Bram is just too adorable. He is a peach keeper and royal emissary. He works hard to keep the peace amongst the hot-headed dragons and he’s been in love with Ghleanna the Decameter for a very long time. Ghleanna is just utterly clueless about Bram’s feelings for her. She is so focused on her career in the army and also devastated about a very bad love affair that went, so wrong.

These two were great. They have absolutely nothing in common, yet they fit perfectly. Bram is a nerd and Ghleanna is a tom-boy. I loved every minute of this story, because the author kept me laughing along with all the action and suspense. When these two finally got together and realized they where meant for each other the passion sparked and was well worth the wait. Then we have the epilogue that adds icing to the cake.

Will I be buying this book, yes I will. I own each of G.A Akins Dragon Kin and look forward to more in this series. This is one series I thoroughly enjoy and recommend, especially if you enjoy humor, snarky dialogue, and arrogant dragons.

*Disclaimer: ARC provided by Kensington Books via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/10/early-arc-review-dragon-on-top-dragon-kin-0-4-by-g-a-aiken