Review: Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2) by Patricia Briggs

August 25th 2009
 eBook
 286
 Library

Anna Latham didn’t know how complicated life could be until she became a werewolf. And until she was mated to Charles Cornick, the son — and enforcer — of Bran, the leader of the North American werewolves, she didn’t know how dangerous it could be either...

Anna and Charles have just been enlisted to attend a summit to present Bran’s controversial proposition: that the wolves should finally reveal themselves to humans. But the most feared Alpha in Europe is dead set against the plan — and it seems like someone else might be too. When Anna is attacked by vampires using pack magic, the kind of power only werewolves should be able to draw on, Charles and Anna must combine their talents to hunt down whoever is behind it all — or risk losing everything.

angelsgp-review1

~ 4.5 Hunting Ground Stars ~

Hunting Ground is book two in the Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs. I really love this series. This book was another amazing read.

I love how Briggs writes. It’s got this ease to it. The characters continue to grow as does the storyline. We see firsthand how Bran’s decision to bring werewolves out the public came to be and how Anna & Charles’ relationship continues to evolve.

I thoroughly enjoy Briggs werwolves and the pack dynamics. It’s fascinating. She shows us the best and worst of the shifter society from The Beast who feeds on human flesh, to Arthur who is not all their, and the Omega’s. We know that the Omega’s are a rarity, but we see that they are all very clueless about their nature and it was fun watching them full-in the blanks.

What I really LOVE about this series is Anna and Charles’ relationship. It takes center stage in this novel, even with all the weirdness going on. These two are still learning about each other, adapting. It is wonderful watching this relationship grow as well as seeing how having a mate is throwing Charles and his wolf off balance. I like that their is open communication between them and not the drama that we see a lot of in other stories.

Hunting Ground had some amazing miss directs and you don’t know who the guilty culprit(s) are until it’s revealed. I re-read this novel and I still was surprised all over again by our culprits. I liked how Briggs through in her own little spin on history with King Arthur and I also liked seeing characters from other novellas or story’s show up in books. We get to see a little of Moria & Tom. If you don’t know who they are you can find them in the novella Seeing Eye that is found in Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson.

Hunting Grounds gives us a verity of supernatural creatures including; fae, vampires, and werewolves along with some interesting wolf politics, twists, and a romance that is growing. This series should be on every Urban Fantasy readers list.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/08/review-hunting-ground-alpha-omega-2-by-patricia-briggs