Review: Tempted By Fire (Dragons of Bloodfire #1) by Erin Kellison

Paranormal Romance - Urban Fantasy - Dragons
 June 15th 2015
 eBook
 Bought part of the Dark and Damaged Box Set

Tempted By Fire is the first in the enthralling new Dragons of Bloodfire series by New York Times bestselling author Erin Kellison.

Dragon shifter Thane Ealdian has waited six hundred years to avenge the loss of his family, and finally a clue has surfaced that implicates an old adversary. Thane will stop at nothing to seek his revenge, but to prevent violence between the clans, the Bloodkin Triad has forced a mediator on him. Some upstart named Emerson Clark...

Emerson is fed up with all Bloodkin and how they've managed to control every aspect of her life. While she doesn't believe that Bloodkin can shift into dragons--because, really?--she has to admit, they are exceptionally nice to look at. But once the mediation is over, she wants nothing to do with them ever again.

When Thane discovers that the clever and beautiful Emerson is the key to uncovering the truth, he has no intention of letting her go. Although she wants to run, she can't turn her back on Thane or her intense feelings for him. His quest pulls at her heart, just as his nearness sparks something dangerous inside her. With evil in hot pursuit, sooner or later everything will ignite--the mediation, the shifter within her... and their passions.

42,000 words / no cliffhanger / 18+

* Tempted by Fire was previously published in the Dark and Damaged boxed set

angelsgp-review1

** Read as part of the Dark and Damaged: Eight Tortured Heroes of Paranormal Romance **

~ 5 Tempted By Fire Stars ~

Tempted By Fire is book one in the Dragons of Bloodfire series by Erin Kellison. OMG, I love dragons and this novel had me hooked from begging to end.

I loved everything about this story. The writing is amazing, the world building is fantastic and the world is interesting. We get lots of surprises and unique characters. I had a good time with the mystery that brings Emerson and Thane together.

Emerson’s life has not been easy. She does not believe in dragons nor does she believe she is one herself, but she will be sucked into a wold that terrifies her and is deadly. As the death count rises secrets that have been long kept will finally be revealed. She is everything I enjoy in a heroine with her strong, fierce, and fiery personality. Thane is a Dragon and knows his time is limited, but he has one last thing he must accomplish before he gives into the dragon song. You feel his struggle, his loneliness, and determination to find justice. He is a true alpha.

Lots of action, a mystery, and romance. The attraction between Emerson and Thane builds up along the way as they both try to discover the truth. I liked how the author used Emerson’s naiveté. It brought depth to the story and her character. I also had a good time getting to know the secondary characters. Note: Their is a lot of violence in this dragon world more then I expected, but it did not detour me.

Tempted By Fire was an outstanding start to this new series. Dragon lover’s will enjoy! We get fantastic world building, lots of surprises, a mystery, and amazing characters. I can’t wait for the next book.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/08/review-tempted-by-fire-dragons-of-bloodfire-1-by-erin-kellison