Review: Legend of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragons #1) by Isabel Cooper

Highland Dragons #1

Genre: Paranormal Romance – Historical Romance – Dragons – Magic

Published December 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Source: Library

The MacAlasdairs are not like other men.

Descendants of an ancient alliance, they live for centuries, shifting between human and dragon forms. Some wander the earth; some keep to their lands in Scotland. And Stephen MacAlasdair, the newest lord of the family, must go to London to settle his father’s business affairs. He brings an object of great power and greater darkness. He finds an enemy from his past, whose wrath is still living and deadly. And he meets an ally he’d never have expected.

1894 London, doesn’t provide an easy life for women of the lower class, but Mina Seymour has managed to work herself up to a position as the secretary of a famous scholar. When a tall, dark Scottish stranger demands to see her employer, Mina is irritated; when MacAlasdair’s departure leaves the professor worried, she’s suspicious. Determined to figure out the situation, she investigates further – and finds a world and a man she could never have imagined.

angelsgp-review1

~ 3 Legend of the Highland Dragon Stars ~

Legend of the Highland Dragon is book one in the Highland Dragon series by Isabel Cooper. I am a lover of dragons and when I find a book with dragons featured, I almost always pick it up.

I enjoyed Legend of the Highland Dragon. It takes place in London around the end of the 1800’s. It’s a slower type of read then what I am use too. Things in the story move along at a very steady pace with the romance blooming slowly and most of the action and love scene happening in the last 25% of the book. The premise was interesting with dragons and magic at the forefront, but it was lacking in world building. The characters Stephan and Mina did not disappoint. I liked Mina’s courage, quick thinking, and that she takes magic and dragons quit well for a women of that time period. I also liked Stephan as the Dragon. He’s a couple centuries old, sexy, and plays his part well.

Legend of the Highland Dragon did not blow me away, but it has not deterred me from continuing the series. For the most part I have a hard time reading historical romances and books that are a slower type of read, but I still enjoyed this novel.

If you enjoy historical romance, a slow burning romance, mystery, demons, a villain, and magic then give Legend of the Highland Dragon a try.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/06/review-legend-of-the-highland-dragon-highland-dragons-1-by-isabel-cooper