Review: Darkness (New Species #12) by Laurann Dohner

New Species #12

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance – Sci-Fi

Published September 23rd 2014

Source: Library

Kat’s boss wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but everything goes wrong as soon as she enters the front gates. She is arrested by a big, powerful, sexy New Species but she is not frightened. He turns her on and things heat up fast between them. Now, she just hopes he does not break her heart.Darkness admires Kat’s courage but he cannot trust anything she says. He hasn’t been with a female for years because he knows he is too damaged. He is not mate material, despite his desire to possess her in every way. Darkness fears losing control—the one thing that defines his life. He doesn’t think he can tear down the protective walls he’s built, even for her.

Inside Scoop: Kat never realized how much fun handcuffs and dominant males could be until she discovered her kinky side through Darkness’ need for control.

angelsgp-review1

~ 4.5 Darkness Stars ~

Darkness is book twelve in the New Species series by Lauranna Dohner. This series is best read in order, so you can get a feel for the friendships, world building and trials these characters go through.

I don’t know how LDohner does it, but each book gets better and better in this series. WOW! The New Species are finally settling into being free, making a home, and living life for themselves. The mood felt lighter and we had a lot more humor then previous installments.

I had a great time read Darkness. The opening was just priceless. Kat’s boss is such an ass and what he thinks about Kat (OMG). Her boss wants her to infiltrate the New Species, Kat however loves them, and so she has other plans then what her boss wants her to do. I love Darkness and Kat. They where just perfect for each other. I just loved Darkness and that we finally got to learn about his past. It’s not pleasant, but most of the New Species past are not. We get a sense that they are still trying to deal with things that happened to them. These two butt heads, but boy oh boy do we get some HAWT and STEAMY action. The sex games Kat and Darkness play are a little twisted, but work for this couple.

The secondary characters are just as fun. Breeze (love her) is such a cool female and she had some great lines. I would love to see the New Species women hook up and get their HEA’s.

Darkness does not wast any time in getting us into the action and I can wait for more of these Hot Alpha New Species Men. If you enjoy possessive and dominate alpha males and the women who love them, then I highly recommend this series!

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Amazon and Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/06/review-darkness-new-species-12-by-laurann-dohner