Review: Taken by Desire (Demonic Desires #1) by Valerie Twombly

Demonic Desires, Book 1

Valerie Twombly

Release Date: May 18, 2015

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Greydon has two important missions: Find his brothers and rescue his people. His duty becomes complicated when he’s forced to beg a human to save his life.

Aimee Jarvis always considered her bookstore a detour to bigger things. Little did she realize her next stop would be the intriguing world of a demon prince. Yet, she finds the dangerous Greydon alluring.

While their attraction continues to burn, they both deny what their hearts already know. It will take the mystery of an ancient civilization and a shocking discovery for them to admit their desire.

BUY LINKS

Amazon | iBooks | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | ARe

angelsgp-review1

~ 4 Taken By Desire Stars ~

Taken By Desire is book one in the Demonic Desires series by Valerie Twombly. What a marvelous start to an enchanting mysterious world, full of sexy demons, a lost city, and species at war.

I had the privilege of being a Beta Reader for the very first time with Taken By Desire. I never expected to see such a difference from beta to finish, but it was amazing to see how the novel turned out.

Taken By Desire enthralled me from beginning to end. The author does a wonderful job showcasing the different types of demons and what makes them either good or bad. The story flows at a nice steady pace. The plot is deeper then we suspect and a few surprises are thrown in along the way.

Our leads Aimee and Greydon, complemented each other. They both have strength, courage, and compassion. There romance was a nice sweet burn and once they succumb to their mutual attraction, the sensual scenes are hot and steamy. I loved the secondary characters, especially Fang. We also meet Bethany, Aimee’s best friend, and one of the other Demon Princes. I can’t wait to be introduced to more characters and to read about Fang and Bethany’s romance.

If you enjoy reading about sexy demons, going on a magical quest, and finding ones mate, then Demonic Desires is for you. I can’t wait for more in this series.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy free of charge from Valerie Twombly with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

TakenByDesire-Teaser01-angelsgp

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/05/review-taken-by-desire-demonic-desires-1-by-valerie-twombly-tour-excerptgiveaway