Review: Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3) by Ilona Andrews

Published March 31st 2009

by Ilona Andrews

Source: Bought

Blurb:

When magic strikes and Atlanta goes to pieces, it’s a job for Kate Daniels…

Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.

But when Kate’s werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta’s shapeshifting community…

angelsgp-review1

~ 5 Magic Strikes Stars ~
(No Spoilers)

FANTASTIC read in Urban Fantasy where magic, mystery, and technology blend together into a fast-paced action-packed adventure.

Magic Strikes is book three in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Their is no rest for Kate and her friends as we are thrown back into Atlanta, with new players wreaking destruction and a highly illegal underground game.

Kate is one kick-ass heroine that I thoroughly enjoy reading. She has heart, a core of steel, and moves to back herself up. I like her character development. In this one she is trying to adjust to having friends and people she cares about. All her life she was told to never make friends or have a relationship, so for her this is new and goes agents what she was taught. The author gives us more information on Kate’s past, who she really is, and why she tries to stay hidden. As things go you can not hide forever and the choices she makes will expose her to her enemies. Her relationship with Curren is also changing. He’s chasing/courting her as a shifter would and she is totally in denial. I am enjoy how this relationship is progressing and developing.

The author introduces us to more characters that we will be seeing in future installments. Saiman makes more of an appearance in the novel and we get one BIG SURPRISE from him. Jim opens up to us a little about his past. This is something unusual for his character, because he is very closed off with everyone. Last, the author gives us more information about Roland. All the secondary characters are enjoyable and entertaining.

The foreshadowing in Magic Strikes is out of this world and the ending was superb. I am hooked and can’t wait to read the next installment. What a wild adventure!

A FABULOUS read! If you enjoy Urban Fantasy, then this series is a must read. The Andrews team have created a unique in-depth world full of mystery, magic and technology blended together for an action-packed non-stop adventure.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/04/review-magic-strikes-kate-daniels-3-by-ilona-andrews