Review: Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews

Published April 1, 2008

by Ilona Andrews

Source: Bought

Blurb:

Down in Atlanta, tempers – and temperatures – are about to flare…

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest – and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…

angelsgp-review1

~ 5 Magic Burns Stars ~

(No Spoilers)

Magic Burns is the second book in the Kate Daniels series and it was a vast improvement from the first book, Magic Bites. This time there was absolutely no confusion on how the world worked. Magic and Tech fluctuate with one another to make a very cool backdrop to an alternate Atlanta. But for me, the best parts of this book are the relationships Kate makes.

Outstanding! Great series! Must read! I am enjoying “Kate Daniels” series. In “Magic Burns” you get non-stop Action, Adventure, and growth in characters and relationships.

My god Kate is such a great character. I just love kick ass chicks who don’t take crap or let people just walk all over them. Kate is confident, skilled, funny, occasionally lonely, and caring. I love learning about her and seeing the relationship between Curran and her grow into something more. You can tell they will end up together somewhere down the line.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/04/review-magic-burns-kate-daniels-2-by-ilona-andrews