Review: Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers #1) by Laura Wright

Branded: The Cavanaugh Brothers - Laura Wright

Branded

In the small town of River Black, Texas, sits the Triple C—a working cattle ranch that sustains the town. But it also holds painful memories and shocking secrets for the Cavanaugh brothers…

When the Cavanaugh brothers return home for their father’s funeral, they discover unexpected evidence of the old man’s surprising double life—a son named Blue, who wants the Triple C Ranch as much as they do. The eldest son, Deacon, a wealthy businessman who couldn’t wait to leave the ranch and move on with his life, is looking to use his powerful connections to stop Blue at any cost. He never expected the ranch’s forewoman, Mackenzie Byrd, to get in his way.

Mac knows Deacon means to destroy the ranch and therefore destroy her livelihood. But as the two battle for control, their attraction builds. Now Deacon is faced with the choice of a lifetime: Take down the Triple C to feed his need for revenge, or embrace the love of the one person who has broken down every barrier to his heart.

bible-book-hd-wallpaper

~ 5 Branded Stars ~

Branded is book one in The Cavanaugh Brothers series by Laura Wright. I’ve been a fan of Laura’s since I picked up my first book the Bayou Heat series and have been wanting to try her other works for some time. I’m not a contemporary reader by heart, but WOW baby, Laura Wright blew me away with Branded and I am most defiantly going to be picking up the rest of the books in this series. I feel in love with the Cavanugh Brothers and really, who can resist a sexy hot cowboy.

Branded is filled with emotion, conflict, drama, suspense and scorching romance, the plot is captivating. I was captured and could not put the book down. I really enjoyed how Ms. Wright put the diary passages of Cassandra Cavanaugh into the story. The emotional suffering everyone went through and are still going through after the loss of Cass, and then to learn about secrets the Cavanugh’s father has kept as well, as the Sheriff who investigated Cass’s death. It’s all so well written and hooks the reader. The characters are fabulous, they have such intense emotional connections. The chemistry between Mac and Deacon scorches the pages and the sex scenes are hot and steamy. I love how there relationship is portrayed along with the snarky dialogue. Mac is amazing. I love how strong and tuff she is. Deacon was also amazing, with his tortured past and hard headed attitude.

The author has created a delightful heartfelt romance with sexy cowboys. We are kept on our toes with some twists and surprises that add spice and depth to the story. I am hooked and can’t wait to read the next book.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/09/review-branded-cavanaugh-brothers-1-laura-wright