Review: Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn

Kitty and the Midnight Hour - Carrie Vaughn
Kitty and the Midnight Hour

Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station – and a werewolf in the closet. Her new late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged is a raging success, but it’s Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew?

~ 2.5 Stars ~

I enjoyed Kitty and the Midnight Hour, thou it had it’s down sides to it as well. I hope the character Kitty grows up more in the series, for she does seam to have potentinal and from what I see the series did take off.

The plot was interesting with assassins, fake faith healers peddling a cure, disappearing vampires and the revaluation that supernaturals do exist in the world. The beginning of the book I was a little disgusted with the characters. The end though totally suprised and annoyed me.

I liked the radio talk show aspect and Kitty’s personality on the air, but off the air she has/had issues. Though Kitty does grow up some and realizes some key things about herself and the pack.

I did not like the third person talk when in wolf form. It was interesting, but did not work so much for me. I also did not like the pack and it’s mentality. I hope all pack’s in this series are not like that. I’m a little spooled with Patricia Briggs & Terry Spears werewolf’s.

All and all this was an ok read! I hope the next book in the series is an improvement. I will give it a try!

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/02/review-kitty-and-the-midnight-hour-kitty-norville-1-by-carrie-vaughn