Review: Eternal Flame (Guardians, #1) by Valerie Twombly

Eternal Flame (Guardians, Book One) by Valerie Twombly - Valerie Twombly

Eternal Flame

A woman he cannot have, a man who is only a dream…

When guardian Marcus Dagotto, discovers the gods have gifted him with a mate, he is pissed. He has no room for love and even less for a human who has no idea he exists.

Cassandra Jensen, has a shattered heart and has given up on men. Only one man can set her body on fire, but he is a fantasy that haunts her sleep.

Two worlds, one desire. When the two collide, fate will rip them apart and test their resolve. Will darkness and evil prevail? Or, will love conquer all?
~ 4 Eternal Flame Stars ~

Eternal Flame is book one in Valerie Twombly Guardians series. She starts us off with action, heartache, loss and war. The ending leaves us wanting to know what happens to the rest of the guardians as well as some other characters introduced to us in this book. I enjoyed how the book starts and ends.

For some reason I thought this book was going to be all about dragons. No I did not read the book blurb. I do that some times thinking it's something and it totally turns out to be something else. Yes we do have dragons in this book, but we also have vampires, demons, gods and goddesses. This book has lots of twists and turns, betrayal and romance. Being that it is the first book in the series we get a ton of characters and back ground building. I cried, laughed, loved and disliked people and places through out this book, but one thing is for sure I feel into the world and by the end wanted more.

Marcus is a Guardian, vampire Guardian, a healer among his people. He has suffered with guilt over killing his mate 300 years ago in the Demon Wars. Cassie is a nurse, who has been alone since her ex dumped her on their wedding day (ouch) that will leave emotional scares.

Ms. Twombly makes some defiant changes to the vampire theme that makes it quit interesting, it grabs you from the begging and does not let up. We also get gods who like to stick their noses in when they feel like it, but if they did’t then where would some of the fun be at, plus we get bad guys who add to the plot and suspense.

I am looking forward to finding out what happens in this plot with our bad guys as well as seeing the other guardians and some other characters get mated off. Oh what an adventure it will be! If you like paranormal romance you will enjoy Eternal Flame.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/04/review-eternal-flame-guardians-1-by-valerie-twombly