Review: Red (Transplanted Tales #1) by Kate SeRine

Red - Kate SeRine

Red

“My name is Tess Little. But everyone calls me Red.”

Once upon a time, a spell went awry, stranding Make Believe characters in the ordinary world. Since then, Tess “Red” Little—a/k/a Little Red Riding Hood—has worked as an Enforcer for the Chicago branch of the Fairytale Management Authority. But, consider yourself warned—she’s not just some waif with a basket of goodies. All grown up and with nothing to lose, a gun and combat boots is more her style. And Red’s new assignment threatens to be short on happily ever afters…

Someone is murdering transplanted Tales in gruesome fashion. The list of fictional characters capable of such grisly acts is short and includes more than one of Red’s old flames. And if that wasn’t bad enough, there’s another complication, in the form of sexy, enigmatic Nate Grimm, the FMA’s lead detective and part-time Reaper. Used to following her own rules and living life on the edge, Red has managed to avoid taking on a partner until now. But Nate’s dark side makes him perfect for a case like this. That is, if she can trust him. Because if there’s one thing Red knows for sure, it’s that believing in the wrong person can have big, bad consequences…

bible-book-hd-wallpaper

~ 3 Red Stars ~

Red is book one in the Transplanted Tales by Kate SeRine. We get suspense, intrigue and a unique portrayal of fairy tail characters.

Tess Little, aka Red. She is just ok! She was supposed to be bad ass, then she does something stupid like sleep with an ex-boyfriend who is a suspect in the investigation. The women seems to still be a scared little girl running.

Nate Grimm, aka Death or Reaper. He is attractive, but I kept thinking of the TV show Grimm when I read his name. So maybe the show was not around when the author wrote the book, but it kept distracting me.

We get a crazy cast of fairy tail characters that are interesting in Red, but they where lacking and needed more development, as for Red and Grimm, you can tell that they are meant to be together, but for some reason it takes the whole book for them to hook up. The plot is mystery/suspense which I enjoyed. That is probably what kept me going along with the author’s sense of humor. I really did enjoy the retelling of the fairy tail characters and how they are more then their story. It was interesting, but not outstanding.

Red was fun and enjoyable. It did not wow me, but I still enjoyed it. I am hoping for more character development in the series when I do read on.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/09/review-red-transplanted-tales-1-kate-serine