Review: The Beast In Him (Pride #2) by Shelly Laurenston

Published September 2nd 2014

By Shelly Laurenston

Source: Bought

Blurb:

“If you enjoy nonstop laughter, snark, and witty banter. . .look no further!” –Smexy Books

Animal magnetism has a whole new meaning. . .

Some things are so worth waiting for. Like the moment when Jessica Ward “accidentally” bumps into heartthrob Bobby Ray Smith and shows him just how far she’s come since high school. Back then, Jess turned to jelly any time Smitty got near her. Some things haven’t changed. Except now Jess is a success on her own terms. And she can enjoy a romp–or twenty–with a big, bad wolf and walk away. Easy.

The sexy, polished CEO who hires Smitty’s security firm might be a million miles from the lovable geek he knew, but her kiss, her touch, is every bit as hot as he imagined. Jess was never the kind to ask for help, and she doesn’t want it now–but someone is targeting her Pack. And Smitty’s not going to turn tail and run. Not before proving that their sheet-scorching animal lust is only the start of something even wilder. . .

Praise for Shelly Laurenston’s novels

“Bear Meets Girl is hilarious, sexy fun.” –Heroes and Heartbreakers

“Fast-paced action and smoking hot love scenes.” –RT Book Reviews TOP PICK on Wolf with Benefits

my_review

~ 4 The Beast In Him Stars ~

The Beast In Him is book two in the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. I absolutely love this series. It’s the perfect book to get you out of a slump. This one was a re-read and I loved it all over again.

Ms. Laurenston did it again. We get a fantastic cast of characters and a ton of humor. The author does a great job using the many natural behaviors of the species that she is writing about for her characters. The way the species groups are described is wonderful.

The plot line is not to strong, but that does not bother me.

I love the characters. Smitty and Jessica are childhood friends. I like it when their is a history between the leads. Now 14years later each have life experience and have grown in different ways, even though they still are the same, they have become more. All the characters are fun and entertaining. We also get some great cameos from previous characters and more new ones are introduced. I love the camaraderie the characters have with each other. It’s fun and refreshing for me to read. I also like that none of her characters are normal. Both the men and women, shifter or not, have a little crazy in them. I love this.

Fantastic, fun, and humors. The Pride series is one of my go to series, especially when I need a pick me up.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/01/review-beast-pride-2-shelly-laurenston