The Mane Event - Shelly Laurenston

Pride #1

Genre(s) Paranormal Romance – Urban Fantasy – Erotica – Shapeshifters

by Shelly Laurenston

Source: Bought

One of the hottest new voices in paranormal romance, Shelly Laurenston knows how to do it all, delivering tales that are wickedly funny, action-packed, and scorch-your-fingers sexy. With The Mane Event, she proves just how delicious love can be once you unleash your inner beast…

Christmas Pride

How come all the good-looking ones are insane?
That’s what runs through NYPD cop Desiree “Dez” MacDermot’s mind the minute she hooks up again with her childhood buddy, Mace Llewellyn. It isn’t just the way he stares at her with those too-sexy gold eyes―as if he could devour her on the spot. Or the six-four, built-like-a-Navy Seal bod-o-death. It isn’t even that he sniffs her neck and purrs, making her entire body tingle. It’s more about that disconcerting, shifting-from-man-to-lion thing that unhinges her…and makes her want more.

Mace likes making Dez crazy. In fact, he likes her any way he can get her―in bed, on the desk, here, now, again. Together, they’d always been trouble, but Dez has no idea just how good trouble can feel…

Shaw’s Tail

Brendon Shaw, hotel owner and lion shifter, has seen better days. He’s been beaten, had a gun to the back of his head, and had to be rescued by a Pack of shape-shifting wolves. He didn’t think he’d survive the night, much less find the woman of his dreams. And he never thought the woman of his dreams would have a Tennessee accent and wear cowboy boots. Once he sets his sights on her, the predator in him is ready to pounce and never let go.

Ronnie Lee Reed is ready to change her life, and New York City is the place where any girl―even one who runs with a Pack―can redefine herself. First order of business: find a mate, settle down, and stop using men for sex. Even big, gorgeous, lion-shifting, oh-my-what-big-um-paws-you-have men. Then again…

my_review

- 4 Mane Event Stars -

The Mane Event is book one in the Pride series by Shelly Laurenston. I love Ms. Laurenston’s work. She has a way with writing fabulously fun characters and the humor is over the top. What I like best is that the shifters and world are very different from a lot of the shifter books I’ve picked up and read, in that they seam more like animals, but without losing their humanity. In The Mane Event we get two story’s in this book Christmas Pride and Shaw’s Tail

Christmas Pride

The first story is Christmas Pride about Mace Llewllyn who is a lion shifter and former Navy SEALs and Desireee “Dez” MacDermont who is an NYPD cop from the Bronx. During a murder investigation Dez runs back into her former best friend Mace.

The author has created an interesting world with Prides, Packs and more. Many things are like the wild animal world, but in a different way. Mace wants nothing to do with Pride life and everything to do with his dream girl. I loved this story. Mace is sexy as hell and Dez is no pushover. She takes everything in stride and the banter between all the characters is fantastically great. The couples are older and have life experiences, which I enjoy.

Shaw’s Tail

In the second story, Shaw’s Tail, we have Brendon Shaw another lion male, but he has been a breeding male and Ronnie Lee Reed a wolf shifter, wild child with severe commitment phobia’s. Brendon goes looking for his brother and ended up getting beat up, when Dez and the wolves come to the rescue he is caught by a sent he can’t let go.

Brendon is a sexy lion with a face that makes women swoon. Once he gets a whiff of Ronnie he has no plans on letting her get away. As for Ronnie well she can’t seam to keep her mind off a silly male lion and may have just found the one thing she did not expect. I enjoyed this story. Like before we get a great cast of character, older couple, and a verity of shifters. The banter between everyone is great along with the friendships being built.

If you have not picked up a Shelly Laurenston’s book. I highly recommend you do. She is one of my go to authors and I love reading her books over and over again.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/11/review-mane-event-pride-1-shelly-laurenston