Review: Short Stories: Huntress ~ Devil’s Bargain by Christine Warren & Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go by Caitlin Kittredge

Huntress - Christine Warren, Marjorie M. Liu, Caitlin Kittredge, Jenna Maclaine
Huntress

Christine Warren ~ “Devil’s Bargain”
Supernatural bounty hunter Lilli Corbin made a pact with the Prince of Hell: She agreed to recover a book of prophecies. When she learns it could trigger the apocalypse, Lilli is forced to make the ultimate choice: save her soul, or the man she loves?

Marjorie M. Liu ~ “The Robber Bride”
Welcome to a post-apocalyptic world where women are fed on for their life forces. Now it’s up to Maggie, one of the last female survivors, to hunt down and destroy an army of darkness…

Caitlin Kittredge ~ “Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go” (Black London, #1.5)
Ava is a demon slayer who needs help from mage Jack Winter to reach the demon underworld—a place of dark seduction…and, maybe, one of no return.

Jenna Maclaine ~ “Sin Slayer” (Cin Craven, #3.5)
London 1889. Jack the Ripper is killing off the city’s vampire population, and now it’s up to Cin Craven to hunt him down—and save the infected Michael, the love of her undead life.

Borrowed from library!

Only read Christine Warren “Devil’s Bargain” and Caitlin Kittredge “Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go.”

Devil’s Bargain
by Christine Warren
~ 3 Stars ~

This short story was interesting, steamy and certain parts were funny, but it’s not fantastic. It’s not like her “Others” series, if your looking for something on that line this is not it.

Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go
by Caitlin Kittredge
~ 1.5 – 2 Stars ~

This short story goes with her Black London series. This story is #1.5 in the series. I wanted to get into Black London, but I’m having such a hard time with the series.

Jake is an ass and not likable especially in this story. The denouement is most confusing; I did not understand who was doing what or what was their driving purpose, I just couldn’t bring myself to care for any of the characters, and the plot was unnecessarily complicated.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/04/review-short-stories-huntress-devils-bargain-by-christine-warren-down-in-the-ground-where-the-dead-men-go-by-caitlin-kittredge