Review: Bound By Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #8) by Alexandra Ivy

Published November 29th 2011

By Alexandra Ivy

Source: Library

Blurb:

The Sylvermysts have a reputation as sinister cousins to the fey, and none are more mysterious than Ariyal and his tribe. To save his people from banishment, he faces a new challenge: Jaelyn, an elite vampire warrior sent to capture him. By rights, he should kill her on sight. Yet he cannot bring himself to hurt her—or to resist her…

Jaelyn is stunningly beautiful, utterly lethal—and always alone. Until Ariyal. From their first encounter, she knows that what’s between them is more dangerous than simple lust. And as they unite to thwart a terrifying prophecy that will mean the end of his clan and of the world they know, she will risk everything to fulfill her destiny by his side.

my_review

~ 4 Bound By Darkness Stars ~

Bound By Darkness is book eight in the Guardians of Eternity series by Alexandra Ivy. I am slowly making my way through this wonderful series. We get surprises, twist and turns, great characters, adventure, and more.

Jaelyn, a Hunter and a vampire. I loved how strong and independent she is. She is dedicated to her task as a Hunter. I like to read about women who don’t need a man, but that they would like one to want them and acknowledge what they are and can do.

Ariyal, a Sylvermyst Fae, warrior, and Prince of his people. I loved him and especially how he acknowledges that Jaelyn is a fierce fighter and can kick ass or take care of herself. Yes he struggles with wanting to keep her safe and letting her be the strong independent women she is.

Ms. Ivy has created a unique and fun series. I enjoy how strong, independent, and well-developed all the characters are in these books. Oh course I can not forget about Levet he always brings a smile to my face and humor to whatever situation is going on. Jaelyn and Ariyal have some great banter and even though they feel the attraction their is great sexual tension and pursuit before these two become a couple. I also love when an author brings previous characters back into the books. We get that here and the characters have some significant roles. We are also brought deeper into the plot of The Dark Lords return and impending apocalypse.

I am enjoying this series and look forward to continuing the Guardians of Eternity. I like the characters, direction of the plot and world. If you have not tried out this series I recommend giving it a shot. Each book builds on the other and are best read in order.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/01/review-bound-darkness-guardians-eternity-8-alexandra-ivy