Review: Dog with a Bone (Black Dog #1) by Hailey Edwards

Published October 31st 2014

By Hailey Edwards

Source: Novel Reviewers

Blurb:

Half-bloods with Thierry’s skill set are given two options. They can join the conclave’s marshal program, or they can pack their bags. Turn down the job offer, and you’ve just shredded your residency pass for the mortal realm and booked yourself a one-way ticket to Faerie.

Texas is the only home Thierry has ever known, and she’s not going anywhere. Even if it means following in her notorious father’s footsteps as a peacekeeper. But pinning on the badge opens her eyes to the fact sometimes fae need protection too, and that sometimes humans are the real monsters.

add-to-goodreads-button314

my_review

~ 4 Dog with a Bone Stars ~

Dog with a Bone is book one in the Black Dog series by Hailey Edwards. This is my first time reading Ms. Edwards and I quite enjoyed this first installment in the Black Dogs series and love the cover for this book.

As most things go Urban Fantasy can go so wrong or so very right! Dog with a Bone is filled with tension, action, and will keep you glued to the pages with a world filled with Fae, Magic, Half-Breeds, and more.

It starts us off with a bang, meeting Thierry in an actin-packed situation and Shaw her training instructor and part-time keeper. We learning about Thierry though-out the book and what it means to be a half-breed and one with some very deadly magic. I’m not a fan of young teenage heroine’s, like Thierry, who is 18, but Ms. Edwards did such a good job that her age and inexperiences never bothered me. Teenagers can be so dramatic, but not Thierry and that is what made her so wonderful for me to read. She is still insecure and conflicted about her powers, angry at her father, hurt by her mother’s inability to cope, and trying not to be a disappointment. She is always thinking about her next step. Shaw is all alpha male and has been around for sometime. He admires Thierry’s brains and determination, but is also attached to her more then he should be. As for their relationship I’m not sure what to make of it at this time. They are dancing around each other and some concerns. The plot is entertaining and will keep you engaged in the story.

Dog with a Bone has a good mixture of mythical and fae creatures, snappy dialogue and some great action packed moments. I look forward to continue this series and seeing where things go from here.

Disclaimer: Copy provided by author via Novel Reviewers with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/02/review-dog-bone-black-dog-1-hailey-edwards