Review: Dark Wolf (Dark, #25) by Christine Feehan

Dark Wolf - Christine Feehan
Dark Wolf

In Dark Lycan, Christine Feehan journeyed into the heart of the Carpathians, and into the souls of two lifemates stirred by the flush of passion and the threat of annihilation. In Dark Wolf, the breathtaking story continues as the bonds of family are imperiled, and the fate of two lovers lies hidden in the seductive shadows between life and death.

Skyler Daratrazanoff always recognized the miracle that was Dimitri Tirunul, a man beyond any dream that had ever engaged her nights. But she was human. Vulnerable. He was Carpathian. Nearly immortal. She was nineteen. He was an ancient. Yet she held half his soul, the light to his darkness. Without her, he would not survive. Caught between the two warring species, Dimitri has spent centuries hunting the undead to keep his people free, and humans safe. He had survived honorably when others had chosen to give up their souls. But now, marked for extermination by the Lycans, Dimitri found himself alone, and fearing for his life. But salvation was coming…

No Lycan would ever suspect someone like Skyler to dare mount a secret rescue operation. A teenage girl. A human of untested abilities. But she had something no one else had. She was predestined for Dimitri—as he was for her. And there was nothing stronger for Skyler than her desire to see her life-dream come true. Whatever the risk.

~ 5 Dark Wolf Stars ~

(Spolier Free)

There is not much I can say about Christine Feehan and her Carpathians. Fans will not want to miss reading Skyler and Dimitri’s story, my god, it’s been a long time coming. Those who have not picked up this series yet need too it’s amazing and worth the read. Feeham has a way with words, world building, and character integration. We get hot alpha Carpathians,  humans with psychic gifts, lots of action and well written sex scenes.

I have been so excited for Dimitri and Skyler’s story every since they meet in Dark Celebration. Feehan did not disappoint! Skyler has grown into a women who accepts her Mage side as well as her Dragonseeker heritage. Everything about this book was outstanding! The relationship that Skyler and Dimitri have is so different from the other books. It’s special and magnificent.  We know how very Alpha all the Carpathian males can be, but Dimitri does not let it take control. Dimitiri is caring, sweet, and patient with Skyler. He understands her and her fears. Their first real kiss was sweet and their love making was just that love making.

The action in this book was fantastic! I like the development in the plot and I really like the direction this series is going. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!

Borrowed from my local library. Support your library!
Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/02/review-dark-wolf-dark-25-by-christine-feehan