Review: After Dark by Gena Showalter and Kait Ballenger

After Dark: The Darkest Angel/Shadow Hunter - Gena Showalter, Kait Ballenger
~ 5 After Dark Stars ~

~ Shadow Hunter by Kait Ballenger #0.5 (Execution Underground)

I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. WOW what an ending to Shadow Hunter. I can’t wait to read more and find out what happens. Kait Ballenger got me hooked. I enjoyed her writing style and I look forward to check out the rest of her Execution Underground series.

We get action, sex, and a cliff hanger ending that leaves you wanting. Damon and Tiffany’s sexual tension is great, well portrayed. I liked learning about the Execution Underground and the world these characters live in. We get a peak (file only) of a new team that Damon has picked out for the new EU deviation of Rochester, NY. And the ending was spectacular.

~ The Darkest Angel by Gena Showalter #4.5 (Lords of the Underworld)

What can I say. I’m a hug fan of Gena’s work. I enjoy the world & characters that she creates.

The Darkest Angel is a fantastic read. We learn more about the Lords and a peak at the women in their lives or soon to be. I like when a novella follows closely to the main books in a series and how they give us more information on characters and overall story.

We get humor, sex, and a great balance between the main characters. Lysander sets out to take Bianka as a “project” to help show her light and changer her evil ways, but he doesn’t plan on the sparks and attraction that ignite between them.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2014/01/review-after-dark-by-gena-showalter-and-kait-ballenger