Review: Primal Song (Cajun Heat #1) by Danica Avet

Primal Song - Danica Avet

~ 2 Primal Song Stars ~

Primal Song was an ok read! It did not stand out or impress me. I would have liked to learn more about the other band members (maybe in the other books in the series) and I never felt that connection to the world or characters that I always look for, but we do get some good banter between the main characters, some hot sex, and a world where shifters and humans co-exist peacefully.

Deputy Daisy Picou bear shifter with a tough veneer hides a heart that wants to love. She had a bad experience with a lion shifter in her past and holds that experience against Ram even when he showed her that he was different then the lion she loved in her youth.

Ram Reinhardt was a likable sexy cat shifter. I liked the influence of his cat side being apparent in his grace and lounging ability. He also tried every chance he got to show his mate that she is the only one for him.

Primal Song was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2015/01/review-primal-song-cajun-heat-1-danica-avet